Blooming Bellies – Electrifying Strummers
[insert pic Blooming Bellies Electrifying Strummers]
I love attending family functions for the food. Sometimes I get to enjoy Grandma’s home-cooked comfort food; sometimes it’s my Father-in-law’s curry chicken or sambal prawns; and I especially enjoy my husband’s aunty’s recipe for fried chicken. So here, recreated specially for this Blooming Bellies feature, is the recipe for spicy, tongue-tingling, finger-licking good tandoori fried chicken, rocking Punjabi style! *cue Bollywood Bhangra music*
Good for about 8 pieces of small drumsticks
Atta flour 1 cup
Tandoori masala (chicken tikka mix) 50g
Chilli powder 1 TBsp (or more if you’re adventurous!)
Curry powder 1 TBsp
A large mixing bowl
Salt roughly 1 tsp
8 small chicken drumsticks
1. Mix the atta flour, chilli powder, curry powder and masala together in a large mixing bowl. Add salt to taste.
2. Coat the chicken in the mix.
3. In a wok, heat up enough oil to cover the chicken during cooking.
4. Throw in the curry leaves and a pinch of salt.
5. Put in the drumsticks one or two at a time, before retreating to shield yourself from oil splatters.
6. Use a pair of tongs to occasionally turn the chicken during cooking.
7. Once the chicken turns golden brown, bring it out and leave it on a wire rack to let drip excess oil.
8. Then dig in! (Serving suggestion)
Hope you enjoy making (and eating) this as much as I did making the poster boy for Bloom’s Fried Chicken—electrifyingly good!