What is Musikgarten?
Musikgarten is a highly acclaimed early childhood music programmes from the USA with 30 years of research on child development and psychology and they are the leader in early childhood music education – for children and teachers. Through its comprehensive educational program, children from newborn to 6 years old will develop a deep affection for music and possess the ability to express it.
Songs, dances, rhythms and stories are repeated appropriately, building on what each child has mastered, thus making successful learning easier. Moreover, family packs that include CDs with songs sung in class and age-appropriate instruments. Such materials help to bring lessons into the home environment, thus involving the whole family and enhancing parent-child interaction.
Children are instinctively drawn to music and learn best through music and movement. The Musikgarten curricula are adopted to enhance their learning abilities.
Upon completion of the final module, your child would have:
• Good aural skills (well prepared for Aural Tests in music exams).
• Improved memory and good listening habits.
• Developed sight-reading and sight-singing skills.
• Learnt how to do simple composition, transpositon, improvisation and dictation.
• Been familiar with harmony, chord progression & forms in Music as well as Composers & music of different periods.
• Enhanced social skills through family interaction, including parent/child bonding.
• Acquired the proper keyboard / piano skills.
IN SHORT, YOUR CHILD WILL BE WELL PREPARED AND READY FOR INDIVIDUAL MUSIC LESSONS.
For more information on Musikgarten, please visit the website: www.musikgarten.org